WEAPONS VIOLATIONS IN CALIFORNIA
San Francisco Criminal Lawyer Defending the Accused
A weapons offense in California can be a very serious matter and may result in years of consequences and a potential prison sentence.
It takes a skilled and experienced weapons violations attorney to wade through all the complicated weapon laws specific to California. If you have been involved in a weapons violations charge, contact the attorneys at Amin Law to retain legal counsel and aggressive representation.
For a free initial consultation, contact AMIN LAW, P.C. at 415-851-4300!
Facing Weapons Charges in CA?
California has the strictest weapon and gun laws of any state in the U.S.
In order to legally possess a gun in California, you must pass a universal background check, wait 10 days to receive the gun, get your handgun micro-stamped so that it is traceable back to you, and pass a written safety test.
Such stringent measures to ensure safety are backed up by severe consequences if these rules are violated.
Weapons charges in California include the following:
- Carrying a concealed firearm on your person
- Having a concealed firearm in your vehicle
- Possessing a firearm as a felon
- Possession of an assault weapon
- Discharging firearm from motor vehicle
- Negligent discharge of firearm
- Assault with a firearm
- Criminal storage of firearms in the first degree
- Loaded firearm with intent to commit a felony
- Sale or possession of an illegal weapon
Other weapons prohibited in California include sawed-off shotguns, nunchaku, metal or plastic knuckles, silencers for any firearm, any automatic rifles, ballistic knives, and more.
Depending upon your exact offense, criminal record, and circumstances surrounding the crime, you may face up to 20 years in prison.
Common Weapons Violations Defenses
Problems finding employment are a very real possibility after conviction of a weapons violation. The team at Amin Law is dedicated to fighting on your behalf and doing everything in his power to prevent such repercussions.
A weapons violations defense lawyer in San Francisco may use the following defenses:
- Improper search and seizure: Police may have engaged in improper search and seizure.
- Weapon use in self-defense: The weapon was used to protect yourself or your loved ones.
- Accidental firing of weapon: You did not intend to discharge the weapon.
- Ownership of firearm in question: You do not own the firearm.
If you have been arrested or a loved one has been charged with weapons violations, you need capable legal counsel right away. The team at Amin Law can provide you with the vigorous representation required by weapons charges.
Amin Law is dedicated to successfully representing clients throughout the Bay Area.
With a lead lawyer with a strong history as a public defender, our team understands the court system and how it handles weapons violation charges.
You can trust that you will receive quality representation tailored to your unique legal situation. With 24/7 availability and free one-on-one consultations, Amin Law is ready to fight on your behalf.